Tuesday, May 29, 2012

May 29th

I feel like I'm back in the swing of things. Finally. After going through some weird sort of lull. I've been reading on a regular basis, and I've been writing on a regular basis.

The only issue is that my "writing on a regular basis" is still rather slow. Well, at least slower than what I'd like it to be. That's not to say that perhaps a page a day isn't progress (heck, I have about 50ish more pages to go and then I'll be done), but it's slower than what I'd like.

I'm really excited to finally be done with this novel. That's not to say I don't enjoy it one bit. It's just that I'm ready now to move on. I mean, I know that I said about a month ago I wasn't ready and I wanted it to last forever - and that is technically true - but what I really meant to say was that I just need a break. Of course I want to come back. I created one of the most bad-ass characters I've ever constructed before. To just leave that character behind would be ... well, it's inhumane!

I'm not really sure what story I'll go on to next. I'm thinking about getting back to the story I started earlier and then stopped because I couldn't work it out right. I'll have to think hard about the tweaks to get it right. That was my problem. I was much more invested in my Airilie story than I was in that one. I didn't really think all that much about tweaking it.

Somewhere in there I'm going to do some revision to my Airilie story as well. About a month ago I realized that one part didn't really pan out how it was envisioned, so it has to be changed. Trust me, this revision will make a lot more sense than what I have written now.

Speaking about revisions: I definitely need someone to read through it. I had someone, but she definitely hasn't really done anything. I hope she can start working on it soon.

Well. I think I am off to read and then tomorrow it will definitely be a writing day. I'm really excited. I'm super close to the apex of the rising action. Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment