Thursday, May 17, 2012

I Know, I Know ...

I haven't posted in a very long time. Over two weeks. Don't blame me. I had my break, and that was quite a bit of fun. And then I recently returned to my school and I just have been relaxing a bit and playing some video games.

That doesn't really help the writing front, does it? I took a small break from writing, but I plan on getting back into it tomorrow. I tweeted the other day that I can't really write unless I'm inspired to write. I mean, sure, I could attempt to write something when I don't exactly feel like writing, but it would come out so god awful that it's like, "why did I even bother?" So, I just don't write. I read that when most authors give advice, the main thing they say is to write everyday. You can't tell me that they literally don't go ONE day without putting pen to paper. Besides, quite a few authors I have read actually have taken "days off." It's not like I'm not constantly tortured by my characters to write some more. I'm constantly formulating ideas, or they are coming to me, or what have you. I just don't scribe them down.

While I'm thinking about it -- and this is a huge tangent, might I add,(but it's relevant because I mentioned not writing something down) -- every author, I think, has this horror story of the "story that got away." It truly does suck to think of this kick-ass story, idea, character, event, blah blah blah and then think to yourself, "Oh, I'll just remember it and write it down later." And then later comes, or it's nighttime, or you wake up in the morning because you thought about it at night and you didn't want to be bothered by getting up and writing it down, and you simply CAN'T REMEMBER ANYTHING. And what sucks even more is having the same feeling of the thing being awesome, but you don't know what it is. So then you get upset, maybe even depressed, and you try to remember it, you strain real hard, but finally you give up.

... I just spent like 20 minutes doing something else and now I lost my place and don't remember what I was talking about.

Well, I am going to go read now until I fall asleep. I feel a headache coming on, and it's usually indicative of, well, a headache.

Check out "Grave Mercy" by R. L. LaFevers. It's pretty decent so far. I'm about 120 pages in.

By ya'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment